The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics collaborates with international dietetic associations and their translating entities (collaborators, consultants or other able professionals appointed by the associations) in an effort to make the Nutrition Care Process Terminology a global language with international usage. These collaborations have led to the availability of eNCPT translations in the following languages, respectively: Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, German (Switzerland), French (Canada), Norwegian, Danish, Simplified Chinese (China), and Traditional Chinese (Taiwan). Portuguese (Brazil) is in progress.
Interested international dietetic associations should review the following information:
- The Academy owns and maintains the copyright to all eNCPT content, including any translations posted within the eNCPT website.
- The translating entity must receive support/backing from their national dietetic association or equivalent professional governing entity
- The translating entity agrees to purchase a multi-user subscription to the eNCPT, providing access to the eNCPT for up to 1000 concurrent users.
- The translating entity may receive exclusive rights to translate within their designated language.
- Part of the NCP terminology has been mapped to SNOMED CT and LOINC terminology. This work is ongoing - learn more.
- The translating entity agrees to provide translations of the current edition of the eNCPT in a manner timely enough for the Academy to upload said translations to the eNCPT prior to the release of the following edition.
Please direct any questions related to the translation process to NCP staff at [email protected].
The following publication describes the eNCPT translation experience:
McGreevy J, Orrevall Y. Translating Terminology for the Nutrition Care Process: The Swedish Experience (2010-2016). J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2016.06.36
© The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the owner of all trademarks and copyrighted material on the eNCPT website. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is committed to protecting its intellectual property rights by enforcing them against unauthorized use.